Speech: There are a couple of ways to use this game to practice articulation.
- Use this game for your students who are working on /s/ blends. Every time the students sees a match, instead of saying the animal name, have them say "spot it." This allows for lots of practice on that /sp/ blend! It also, allows you to practice it in more of a natural environment as it is a part of the game.
- It is also a great game to add to your list of games to use as a general therapy reinforcer by having your students practice their speech word/sentence prior to taking their turn. Each turn goes by fast so you get lots of trials in!
- Spot It Jr.! also lets you see how articulation skills are carrying over into spontaneous speech.
Language: Spot It Jr.! lets you target vocabulary, categories, 'wh' questions, adjectives, and sentence formation! Your students can work on each of these areas using the animal in the match they spotted. Let's take it one by one...
- Vocabulary, Categories: This game allows children to develop their vocabulary. Each card has colorful pictures of various animals. If they see a match, they say the name of the animals that match. You can also have your student state the specific category the animal belongs in (pet, zoo animal, ocean animal, etc.) after they have spotted the match.
- "Wh" Questions: Ask your students questions where the animals live, what they look like, how they move, etc.
- Adjectives: Talk about what the animal looks like using various adjectives
- Sentence Formation: Have your students repeat or create a sentence using the animal name.
*Parents, as always, please consult with a certified Speech-Language Pathologist.